The Rat Race
It’s no secret that working in high-level positions at a corporation is stressful. In addition to the constant demand for productivity, your employees work long hours, bring work home, and get very little time to rest and recuperate. As a result, your workers are more prone to illness, depression, and anxiety. It’s no wonder that your overall productivity declines.
Corporate Stress is Expensive
According to a study by the American Psychological Association, 75% of employees say they experience chronic work stress and more than 50% say that stress negatively affects their productivity. 50% also admit that they are considering leaving their job in favor of a less-stressful position. Stress costs US businesses close to $300 billion a year due to absenteeism, reduced productivity and employee turnover. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health reports that employee disability due to job-related stress causes workers to take longer leaves of absence than other work-related injuries or illnesses do.
Let’s face it—the demands of the workplace are not going to get any easier. We can’t change that. Fortunately, we can change the way that employees react to the pressure. Scientific studies show that yoga programs significantly enhance employees’ emotional well-being and resilience to work-related stress. That’s right—by providing yoga to your employees, you can actually save money and improve your bottom line.
Incorporating yoga into your corporate fitness plan is proven to:
- Relieve stress. By releasing the physical tension of the body, you relieve pent-up stress that has been stored in tight muscles.
- Reduce fatigue and increase energy. Kundalini yoga taps the energy that lies dormant in most of us, releasing it and using it to energize the body and mind.
- Reduce pain and physical complaints. Scientific studies show that yoga is effective in relieving pain from chronic conditions such as low back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and migraines.
- Improve concentration. The physical activity of yoga allows you to still your runaway thoughts and focus on the moment. Your mind emerges from the workout renewed, refreshed and ready for new challenges.
- Increase creativity. While you deepen your relaxation into your poses, you breathe deeply, increasing oxygen to your brain and body. The increased oxygen flow, along with improved concentration, sets the perfect environment for creative thought.
- Improve morale. Relief from pain and stress promotes inner happiness. Sharing this journey in an encouraging group environment pulls everyone together to create a powerful shared experience.
I tailor your experience to fit your company’s need:
- ?Weekly classes
- Weekend workshops
- Corporate retreat training programs
?My corporate programs are for all levels and center on:
- ?Breathwork for health & vitality
- Focus and being one
- Performing at your best
- Giving 100%
- Embracing your vulnerabilities
- Being heard and speaking up
- Connecting and working together as a team
Contact me today to schedule a group class, workshop or retreat for your company and take the first step toward improving your corporate wellness.